: : the garden : :

a community attempting to live passionately in response to 'the other', embracing the artistic, the intellectual and the practical, which challenges us to take seriously matters of justice, compassion and the planet.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Alistair 3

Well one thing is becoming very clear... 90% of all journeys I make in the car are for the benefit of other members of the family! Late for an appointment anyone ... no problem Alistair is here! Late night trip across town ... no problem Daddy is here! Etc, etc. Starting to realise that next year's Lenten vow will have to be ... to become a selfish, unhelpful, person!!! (I jest of course - I am happy to have such a lovely family!!!!)

Anyway, on Saturday I restored my trusty bike to full working order. On Sunday I made my weekly pilgrimage to the Atlas lounge for free wireless connectivity, Eggs Benedict (to feed my inner monk, Lisa), large mocha, a dose of Derrida and a reworking of part of the garden (well Ikon actually) offering called A/Theism. Had a near death experience coming up New England Hill as my heart threatened to come out through my mouth and by head starting spinning rapidly.... all due to gross unfitness and the steepness of the climb. Safely home... after one day of cycling activity Frances points out flat tire and the huge lino tack sticking out of front tyre. So the cycling is off till I can find time to mend it.

Drove to work today in Horsham .. then at lunch time drove to Wimbledon and back..... Why? Oh what a surprise .... courier service for Kate's Art course portfolio. Yet another trip not for me!

Oh and finally.... I was reading Michael and Jenny's entries.... and decided that I would contribute the same amount for any trip I make. And by the way, family, any contributions gratefully received.

Labels: ,

3 mutterings:

At 8:17 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so what you are saying is that you are providing public transport - which is a good thing? ;-)

 
At 4:18 pm, Blogger thegarden said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 4:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please see lenten promise:

I will not use the car for non-work journeys for my own pleasure or benefit during Lent.

So the whole of post is discounted and you are juice being a grumpy old man ...

but cheers for the lifts anyhow
xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home