: : the garden : :

a community attempting to live passionately in response to 'the other', embracing the artistic, the intellectual and the practical, which challenges us to take seriously matters of justice, compassion and the planet.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Frances 1

Apologies for being so slack in starting my blogging - I've been spending too much time on buses (well more accurately too much time at bus stops) see below.

My Lentenish contributions are firstly to only use the car once a week to get to work and to use the bus,bike,legs on other days. Secondly, to stop using the tumble dryer.

Getting to work by bus is a fairly regular experience for me but it does seem to have been particularly fraught since last Wednesday! 3 days of the journey taking 50 minutes each way (it takes 15 minutes by car)tested my patience somewhat. So, I dusted off the old push bike & with a little help gave it a quick road check. Monday morning and off I sailed virtuous as can be - both ways without a hitch. Since then,the rain has been too wet and the wind too windy so it's back on the bus for me. Roll on Friday - CAR DAY!

So far, no need for the tumble dryer (though hanging the socks and pants on the rack takes ages and everythings a bit stiff when you take it down!). Just need to get Anna on board as I suspect she will resort to emergency tumble drying if there is a break in the delivery of freshly laundered items due to me spending too much time at the bus stop. Have I already mentioned about that?

2 mutterings:

At 4:16 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what is it that gets a bit stiff when you take your pants down?

 
At 5:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but the above comment is still making me giggle like a juvenile. Genius.

lisa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home