: : the garden : :

a community attempting to live passionately in response to 'the other', embracing the artistic, the intellectual and the practical, which challenges us to take seriously matters of justice, compassion and the planet.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Becky 3

I have been perusing the pages of vogue and have decided on my essential purchases for spring 2007. However, the idea is to think on them in order to make wise long lasting decisions and not short term impulse buys (once the lenten fast is over). Anyway, I stupidly looked in the shops on saturday morning and found an item that ticked two of my spring boxes (silver and converse - not remotely ethical - I know) and was very excited. I grabbed mark and dragged him to see - he was all wisdom and truthsaying and reminded me of my lenten promise. I was torn. I held the shoe in my hand for five minutes and just stared at it whilst internally my good and bad side battled it out. I may have even stroked the said shoe. Mark said it was a bit weird and he was a bit embarrassed as I looked like I was about to abduct the said shoe. However, I managed to put said shoe down and back out of shop. This is hardcore, people.

Labels: ,

0 mutterings:

Post a Comment

<< Home